Fix Chrome’s ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
If you’re getting ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR page in Google Chrome browser when you visit Google sites –Gmail, YouTube, etc.– or other sites like Reddit, Wikipedia and Tumbler, etc. When reloading the page followed by restarting of the browser and clearing the cache hasn’t helped, then try this fix.
Fix Google Chrome’s ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
I. 1. Visit
chrome://net-internals/#sockets page from the browser address bar
2. Click on ‘Flush Socket Pools’, and check the page or site you’re having the problem to see its loading properly.
II. Open command prompt as administrator Flush the DNS by running the below command.
After that, run the below commands which renewes IP address.
III. If you’re using Avast, try to add the websites, to which you’re getting the error to the Web Shield exclusions, here is how you can do that.
Open Avast GUI > Settings > Active Protection, click on Customize for ‘Web Shield’ and add website addresses one by one under ‘URLs to exclude:’ section.
Ensure you’ve restarted the browser and cleared the Chrome cache before attempting above methods to fix err spdy protocol error.
- Visualize SPDY Support Status of Sites in Address bar of Firefox and Chrome with SPDY Indicator
- Opera Turbo Gets SPDY Support
Connect to the VM via Firefox after accepting the risk (see below steps):
- Type about: config in the address bar
- Click on I accept the risk
- Search for network.http.spdy.enabled.http2
- Change the value to False
- Restart your browser